As I've mentioned before in the first article, amaphupho/dreams have different meanings for different people and their umsamo because amadlozi and amathongo communicate with their subjects through them. It is for this reason that communicative dreams should be followed up on and their true meaning should also be confirmed with those who are gifted in the interpretation of dreams. Having said this however; there are dreams that can/may generally be interpreted outside of a formal consultation. Those dreams are believed to have universal meanings for certain tribes.
Even so, it is still always advisable that when one gets communicative dreams they must look into them to get a clearer understanding of the messages that are being communicated through this channel.
What causes one to forget their dreams?
I have heard many people complain that they cannot remember amaphupho abo. Often time you will wake up knowing very well that you had an important dream, but for the life of you, you just cannot recall it. Now there are actually a few factors that prevent us from remembering our dreams.
- Ukungahlanzeki kwegceke/ikhaya due to imoya emibi, isilwane etc.
- Ukungahlanzeki kwesiqu sakho uqobo
- Ukuvalwa intentionally
- Idlozi elingageziwe (will always struggle to communicate clearly)
- Amanzi amnyama
The list goes on and on....
- Chela ekhaya njalo ebusuku
- Gquma/phalaza/geza ukuze igazi lakho lihlale lihlanzekile
- Sebenzisa ukhamba lwamaphupho
- Geza, uhlanze idlozi kanye nomsamo wakho
- idla ukhamba lwamanzi amanyama uphothule